An ALTA Survey is a specialized survey of a property that adheres to strict standards developed by the American Land Title Association (ALTA) and the National Society of Professional Surveyors (NSPS). An essential part of any legal ownership of land, the boundaries of a property must be properly and professionally delineated, making note of any easements or public right-of-way, or any other addition to or deletion from the property throughout the course of the parcel’s history. Clearly defining the boundaries of a property prevents any dispute over where one parcel ends, and another begins. An ALTA/NSPS Land Title Survey is a foundational component of any real estate due diligence period and is necessary to obtain comprehensive Title Insurance for any property as a buyer, seller, or owner.
- Verification of the legal description provided on the existing deed. If the description does not clearly describe the property then the surveyor may be asked to write an as surveyed description.
- Location of easements and other encumbrances through plotting items in the title commitment that have followed the chain of title of the property to see if they are on or off the property.
- Identification of improvements (buildings, parking, power poles, light poles, utilities, sidewalks, drives, fences, pools, sheds, etc.) and possible encroachments shown as significant observations on our survey.
- Verification of access to and from the property, as well as potential cross over access of adjacent developments.
- Compliance with local zoning ordinances through notation of setbacks, parking requirements, height restrictions, and other pertinent information through the use of a zoning report provided by our clients.
- Utilities available to the property shown through location of visible utilities and any plans provided by the client.
- Enhanced title insurance for comprehensive commercial developments.
Reach Out Today
Before you take the plunge and start construction on a new home or add in a new building, addition, or even a fence to your property, get in touch with Polysurveying to ensure everything is up to date and accurate about your boundaries and the extent of your land. Don’t leave room for any surprises.
Our team is highly trained with a wealth of collective experience between them. We stay on top of updates and technology in our industry, and you’ll be hard-pressed to find any land surveyors in Mississippi better suited to help. We’ll take some worry off your plate and make building or defining your property lines a breeze - all without the old invasive methods of the past.
Let Polysurveying be your trusted partner during your next build or mapping job. Even though we’re based in Mobile, Alabama, we’re thrilled to serve residents of multiple Mississippi counties and cities.
We also offer free estimates, so you’re not going in blind and worried about hidden costs. If you’re in one of our Mississippi service areas, don’t hesitate to get in touch for a free quote. Use our Contact Form or give us a call. We’ll get you prepared to buy, sell, build, or just peacefully enjoy your land knowing it’s properly laid out.
Talk to us about what you hope to accomplish, ask about payment options, and let us know what’s on your mind. Polysurveying is here for all your site surveying and boundary surveying needs in Hancock, Harrison, and Jackson Counties! We pride ourselves on our customer service just as much as our surveying ability, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Get a Free Quote
Here at Polysurveying, we’re equipped to handle all your land surveying jobs and projects in Alabama, Florida, and Mississippi. We provide free quotes to anyone looking for land surveying services.
5588 Jackson Rd
Mobile, AL 36619
Alabama Field Offices
Daphne: (251) 626-0905
Montgomery: (334) 245-5721
Florida Field Offices
Pensacola: (850) 696-1661
Defuniak Springs: (850) 790-0045
Tallahassee: (448) 488-0585
Jacksonville: (904) 312-7095
Mississippi Field Offices
Ocean Springs: (228) 215-8749
Mon 8AM - 5PM
Tue 8AM - 5PM
Wed 8AM - 5PM
Thur 8AM - 5PM
Fri 8AM- 4PM
Disclaimer: All survey work performed by field divisions is in responsible charge at direction of the Corporate office. All research, assignment, coordination, drafting, billing and review are completed out of the Corporate office.