A topographic survey Is a depiction of the natural features of the land or topography that gives key information used for design and provides a detailed image of what features are affecting the site from trees, utilities, buildings, improvements, water features, drainage areas, roadways, etc. This survey is typically utilized by civil engineers for design for a residential subdivision and commercial or residential development to ensure the site meets all criteria for all local governmental agencies from both a drainage and utility overview. A topographic survey serves as a key element in any and all development to handle stormwater runoff produced during construction and protect neighboring properties from having drainage problems in the future.
Here are some of the key items located by the surveyor for this:
- Visible utilities are located where accessible, with the aid of 811 utility marking services and with plans provided from local agencies. These utilities are typically gas lines, power lines, sewer lines etc.
- Sewer and Storm lines are physically located and depicted with their depths, pipe sizes and direction of flow where applicable that connect them when access is attainable.
- Structures on site or other physical features.
- Roadway tie in points for establishing clean connectivity between roadways and utilities.
- Other surface utilities (i.e., water and sewer valves, manholes, power, cable, telephone)
Our topographic surveys are performed with the combination of our (UAS) Drone Department with the use of Lidar and Photo drones in addition to utilizing both are GPS and Robotics technology to provide a turnkey project to the design engineer to ensure a successful project. When ready to develop that new subdivision or comprehensive commercial development our team of experts and knowledge is at your disposal to provide the speed and efficiency to get your project out of the ground with use of our high-end technology and team.
Get a Free Quote
Here at Polysurveying, we’re equipped to handle all your land surveying jobs and projects in Alabama, Florida, and Mississippi. We provide free quotes to anyone looking for land surveying services.
5588 Jackson Rd
Mobile, AL 36619
Alabama Field Offices
Daphne: (251) 626-0905
Montgomery: (334) 245-5721
Florida Field Offices
Pensacola: (850) 696-1661
Defuniak Springs: (850) 790-0045
Tallahassee: (448) 488-0585
Jacksonville: (904) 312-7095
Mississippi Field Offices
Ocean Springs: (228) 215-8749
Mon 8AM - 5PM
Tue 8AM - 5PM
Wed 8AM - 5PM
Thur 8AM - 5PM
Fri 8AM- 4PM
Disclaimer: All survey work performed by field divisions is in responsible charge at direction of the Corporate office. All research, assignment, coordination, drafting, billing and review are completed out of the Corporate office.