Land surveyors provide lots of essential services to landowners—from boundary surveying to development planning. No matter why you’re planning on hiring a land surveyor in Mobile, AL, it’s important to make sure any surveyor you hire has the skills necessary to provide you with the best services possible. Simply asking some basic questions can help you find a great land surveyor for your project.
Questions to ask when hiring a land surveyor
Here are some of the best questions to ask when hiring a land surveyor to make sure you choose the best surveyor for the job:
- Are you licensed? Before asking any other questions of a land surveyor, make sure they’re fully licensed to provide services in your area. Land surveyors go through extensive training and licensing processes to ensure they’ll be equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to provide comprehensive surveying services. If a land surveyor is unlicensed, don’t hire them—no matter how discounted their services might be.
- How much experience do you have? Another important question to ask of a land surveyor is how experienced they are. The more experienced a land surveyor is, the better equipped they will be to handle a wide variety of land surveying jobs with fine attention to detail and a high level of quality.
- What kinds of services do you offer? There are some services all land surveyors offer, but there are also some specialty or advanced services that aren’t available everywhere. Before hiring a surveyor, ask what services they’re prepared to offer and what they specialize in. If you need specialty services, it’s important to hire a surveyor with plenty of experience providing those specific services.
- Do you have any references? Even if a surveyor looks great on paper, it’s helpful to get an outside opinion. Ask the surveyor you’re thinking about hiring for references you can contact to get a better idea of the quality of their services. Talking to former customers is a great way to get additional insight into a surveying company and find out more about what to expect from working with them.
- How much will the job cost? Price isn’t the only factor to consider when hiring a land surveyor in Mobile, AL, but it’s important to compare rates to make sure you’re getting a good value for your investment. Call around to get quotes for the services you need and compare them to make sure you’re getting a fair rate for your job. Avoid hiring a company that provides an unusually low or high quote.
Land surveying in Mobile, AL
Get the surveying services you need from the team of experienced professionals at Polysurveying. Since 1972, we have been proud to provide comprehensive land surveying services to our customers. From basic boundary surveys to complicated pre-development surveying, our team has the expertise necessary to assist you. Find out more about everything that we have to offer and get started with a consultation and a quote by giving us a call today.
Categorised in: Commercial Surveying
This post was written by Writer